lunes, 29 de febrero de 2016

Battlefleet Gothic


Long time no see dudes!
Brand new post in my quest to upload everything I've painted so far. Today is time for Battlefleet Gothic, my small imperial fleet, a forgotten game I've always loved but was discontinued and died without much remorse from Games workshop. A real pity, let's hope it somehow reborn with the incoming game from PC.



This is everything I've painted, 15 years ago. Old stuff and pretty amateur, so let's hope the beautiful photoset improves their look. Let's begin!

First come the expendables. Sabre class frigates, 3 of their kind, painted in white and red, with gold stripes, pure imperial patter. Small, nice and quick to play, use and paint. Indispensable.
They don't have nothing really fancy, they just make the numbers and a nice display, so there is not really much to say


Painted in 2001 and named after the Battletech robot models, a book series I was deep into back in the days.




Next in line the other type of frigates, the storm class


Following the same patter, the make a slightly fiercer looking due to the sharped prow.


Painted in 2001 again with Battlemech names.



Well, let's skip to bigger stuff, in this case my core, two battlecruisers, mars and eradicator patters:


I really like these two guys. It's a pity their painting don't really shows, but they are the reason I collected Imperial. There is ssmething about their prow, the esveltness of their shape, the powerful looks. I do like them.


The have everything, and from my point of view they are one of the finest shape designs in this century. Not a bad title, huh?


Painted in 2001 too, this time named without any reference.





And now we finally arrive to the jewel of the crown. My emperor class Battleship:


The story of this ship is hard. Bought in 2001, its painting started right away but soon found huge difficulties. The sheer amount of surface to paint made the never-ending layers of white totally useless. It didn't matter how much work I put into it, there were always a spot looking horribly under painted.


And one day, after so much work, it felt to the ground and completely broke down. The plastic base broke, leaving the hulk without a hole to stand it. The prow was smashed and bent. The engine flaps flew away and were out of hope of gluing back due to the malformations. It was all a plot from chaos forces, and they almost succeeded...I lost all hope and moved onto other projects


Five years later I came back. My shipyards re-opened, my resolution adamantine, and a lot of more experience, it was time to get it done. I drilled a hole and used an iron nail to hold the ship, I bent back the prow, with conversions, and fixed the bow sections. Red and gold, black and yellow, advancing by sections with a relentless determination, and one day I was rewarded with an awesome sight: a new emperor class battleship ready to lead my fleet.


Now my fleet is no longer such an impressive view, especially with the Trafalgar fleet standing right below, but the view of the massive lead bulk of the ship is still impressive. An effort totally worth full. Needless to say I feel really proud about this one, regardless the basic painting. A nice shot Games Workshop, nicely done. Thanks!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario